- Date: Thursday, 21 September 2023
- Time: 9.00 am‐ 5.00 pm
- Location: North Yorkshire Moors Railway
- Address: Pickering, North Yorkshire, Y018 7AJ
Celebrate the 50th anniversary since North Yorkshire Moors Railway started running their passenger service.
There will be several home fleet and guest locomotives at North Yorkshire Moors Railway, covering a four day event, to celebrate 50 years since they started the passenger service.
Thursday 21st to Sunday 24th September 2023 from 9.00am.
Visitors can enjoy riding behind one of the engines calling at the following locations:
- Newtondale Halt (request only)
The visiting locomotives involved are:
- LNER A4 Pacific locomotive 'Sir Nigel Gresley'
- BR Standard Class 9F 2-10-0 No. 92214
- No. 75069
- Caledonian Railway 2P No. 55189
- Annual Steam Gala Beer Festival at Goathland Station
- Time is Tight - live music at Goathland Station
- Scarborough and District Railway Modellers at the Learning Centre at Pickering Station. Admission is £1 per person (accompanied children are free of charge)
- Trade and fundraising stalls at Pickering Station
- The Shed Shop at Grosmont
- Vintage Stationary Agricultural Engines and The Friendly Miniature Railway, the latter costs £2 per ride, at Levisham Station
Admission for the 50th Anniversary Gala
|One Day||Two Days||Three Days||Four Days|
Children: Free admission with paying adult
Dogs: £3 per day
Great discounts for Members.