Published on 25 Mar 2020 | Topics: #GreatAytonNews
Covid-19 advice for tourism businesses and the community of Great Ayton
At Visit Great Ayton we are working remotely under the current situation with Covid-19. Sadly, due to the nature of Visit Great Ayton, we will not be promoting Great Ayton at present to visitors, this includes promotion on all our social media channels, Apple News channel and through our eNewsletter until further notice.
We strongly advise people to avoid unnecessary travel given the situation, to and from Great Ayton, this falls within government guidelines, which should be followed.
- Stay at home
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (where this absolutely cannot be done from home)
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
- You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms
Information below is courtesy of Visit England:
- From 17th March the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) advised against all non-essential international travel, initially for a period of 30 days.
- On 16th March the UK government advised that the public stop non-essential contact with others and also to stop all unnecessary travel.
- Visitors currently in the UK with individual health-related questions or concerns can access the latest information and guidance from Public Health England and the UK’s Department for Health and Social Care. Further advice for travellers is also available on the UK’s NHS website.
We will be keeping you updated with any changes regarding Visit Great Ayton as the situation progress.
Stay safe and well at home.