Published on 17 May 2018 | Topics: #GreatAytonNews
Dr Rachael Myers enjoyed a wonderful turnout to her recent Macmillan Coffee Morning
A heart felt thanks to all the people that supported my Macmillan coffee morning fundraiser held on Saturday 12th May in Great Ayton Village Hall.
The people of Great Ayton turned out in numbers on a lovely day of village activities. There were friends, family and work colleagues who had baked fabulous cakes and scones, tirelessly served coffees and teas, worked the foibles of the tombola, sold books on the book stall and bought and sold raffle tickets. So many faithfuls turned up to have a minutes banter whilst eating some yummy cakes.
There were a variety of kindly donated Tombola and raffle prizes and I hope people agree there were some quality prizes from local businesses.
Due to the overwhelming response, we had sadly exhausted our stock of fab cakes by 12.30, so apologies to anyone who turned up later hoping to snaffle something yummy. Bigger venue next year, I think ??
We drew the raffle at the time and there were 22 lucky winners, the local businesses who kindly donated and the winners are listed below. Jeanette Burgess kindly made a fantastic fruit cake for “guess the weight of the cake competition “ and this was won by Angie Coates, weight being 6lb 6 oz .
I’d finally like to say that having just been to the bank for the big count up, including many kind cash donations/sponsorship on the day we raised an amazing £1,512.00. Totally down to all the wonderful people of Great Ayton who supported, baked and sold. Macmillan thank you for all your generosity .
Here’s to next year, thanks again to all my friendly helpers.
Article kindly written by Rachael Myers
- Stamps Coffee Shop - Afternoon tea for two
- Great Ayton fair trade hamper
- Boots no 7 luxury cosmetics hamper
- Stokesley Butchers £20 voucher
- The Yorkshire Store luxury wrap , leather bag and necklace
- Heads Barbers - wet shave and steam
- No 5 Crumble and Slice - afternoon tea for two
- The Royal Oak - Sunday lunch for two
- Park Square Fruit and Veg hamper
- Coopers Gifts - candles/torch/drinksbottle
- The Little Hair Parlour - £10 voucher
- Watkins Wright - £10 voucher
- Handmade by Gingers Luxury hamper
- Body Bliss - Back and shoulder massage
- Petch’s meat voucher - £20
- Finch & John - gel nail and polish
- The Buck £25 voucher
- Aytons Barbers original photograph Gordon Simpson
- Aytons Fish and Chip shop - Fish and chips for 2
- Finch & John - Blow dry
- Sharman Wines - two bottles of wine
- Jack Daniels ( donated by Jeanette Burgess )